Now that we’ve been open for a while, the reviews are “rolling” in. It’s one thing to see a press release, or for us to “talk the talk,” but since opening in November, our customers are doing the legwork for us, and they have nothing but positive things to say about Temaki Bar San Diego Sushi! It’s a five star experience all around.
Here’s what some of our customers have to say about Temaki Bar Sushi!
These are real reviews from customers who have decided to give us a try, and they certainly are glad they did!
- Stop what you are doing and run to Temaki Bar Sushi, like right now! Just had lunch here and it was seriously fabulous. The Dre blew my mind as well as the Maine lobster hand roll. Bang bang shrimp and crispy rice spicy tuna apps were outstanding as well. Seaweed was crisp, the fish and lobster was fresh and the service was fun and friendly. I think we found our new favorite spot on the 101!
- Awesome food and reasonable prices for the fish quality. Hand rolls are all excellent and a cool spot for both lunch and dinner. Staff is super friendly and helpful.
- Checked out the new Temaki last night and it is fantastic. Great sushi – including a great selection of handrolls. Fun vibe and sake bombs!
- This place far exceeded our expectations. Everything that we ordered was fabulous. In fact, the best spicy tuna roll that I ever had! Service is fast and friendly.
- This is easily the best sushi in North county San Diego. They even take cash as payment. Amazing
So what are you waiting for?
You’ve heard the buzz, so if sushi is your thing, then you’ve got to taste it for yourself. We’re going to keep doing our thing, because it seems to be working! We hope to see you soon, so you can see what we truly mean when we say “sushi is life.”
Literally translating to “hand roll,” Temaki Bar celebrates the tradition that all perfect hand rolls should be eaten within seconds of the chef passing them across the counter — while the rice is still warm and the fish, fresh and chilled.
In keeping with tradition, Temaki Bar’s hand rolls are prepared counter-side and made-to-order, highlighting the freshest seafood featuring blue crab, yellowtail, salmon, and more.
Temaki will celebrate traditional sushi-making with Chef Jojo Ruiz, local veteran chef and San Diego native at the helm. Ruiz began his career as a sushi chef and is heading back to those roots, with the added bonus of his seafood sourcing and sustainability practices that earned him recognition with the James Beard Foundation as a Smart Catch Leader.