Wow! Just wow! We don’t know what to say, but the reviews keep pouring in, and you all have been really repping hard for us on Yelp. We don’t know how to thank you, but we think that continuing to come to work every day, and serving some of the best customers in San Diego is what we simply have to do! The positive feedback from all of you has been overwhelming, and the outpouring of support and affection has really made us feel like we’re doing things right here! And we’re glad to be a part of your San Diego sushi journey!
The Yelpers have spoken!
- “Sushi was great! Perfect place for get together a and socializing. 10/10 will be back”
- “Some of the best sushi I’ve ever had in my life. Everything is very fresh and tasty.The service was amazing as well.”
- “New fave sushi place to go to after work! Chef Sebastian makes the best recommendations.”
- “Went there with an open mind despite going there with one of those friends who pretends to know everything and anything, including the best sushi. He wanted to go to his “go to sushi spot” he believes is the best in the county. So he was reluctant to check this place out, but I insisted. It’s not your typical Sushi Restaurant as it doesn’t have all the standard rolls we’re accustomed to in Southern California. No Rainbow Roll, Crunchy Roll, Eel Roll, or even a California Roll. But their limited roll selection was very good quality. It seems they specialize in Hand Rolls and they were 4 for $20 and were very good!”
- “There wasn’t one thing we did not like. They offered us a choice of soy sauce or tamari which is great. The staff was very friendly and helpful with answering our questions and the prices are great! Run do not walk to this spot before it gets its due recognition and the wait becomes long!”
Thank you for your continued support and patronage!
We just wanted to thank you from the bottom of our hearts because we know how hard it could be to try out new places. We’re glad that your feedback and reviews have shown us that we’re here to stay, and we look forward to many more years of quality hand rolls and service in the San Diego sushi scene!
Literally translating to “hand roll,” Temaki Bar celebrates the tradition that all perfect hand rolls should be eaten within seconds of the chef passing them across the counter — while the rice is still warm and the fish, fresh and chilled.
In keeping with tradition, Temaki Bar’s hand rolls are prepared counter-side and made-to-order, highlighting the freshest seafood featuring blue crab, yellowtail, salmon, and more.
Temaki will celebrate traditional sushi-making with Chef Jojo Ruiz, local veteran chef and San Diego native at the helm. Ruiz began his career as a sushi chef and is heading back to those roots, with the added bonus of his seafood sourcing and sustainability practices that earned him recognition with the James Beard Foundation as a Smart Catch Leader.
Be sure to follow us on Instagram!